nmdart.com

nmdart.com

1.09.2014

Day 9 - Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days

Single Bloom
4" X 6"
$40

Today's painting is of a single rhododendron blossom. Yes, there were other flowers I could have also painted in the reference photo, but that is the great thing about being an artist; you can decide to paint things however you want! My painting contains a nod to cubism, which keeps me interested and gives me a few more shapes to work with to strengthen the composition.

I take a LOT of flower photos and struggle getting them on paper or canvas in a way that pleases my eye. I am pleased with this one. I think it would also make a good note card or Mother's Day card as well as a basis for some other projects I have bouncing around in my brain. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this!

Unknown said...

Like a stained glass window, really lovely