nmdart.com

nmdart.com

1.05.2014

Day 5 - Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days


"Sea Holly"
4" X 6"
$40

I finished up this painting today while on a commercial flight flying across the whole country to cheer for my Auburn Tigers in Pasadena!

Somewhat appropriately, the painting for today is of sea holly that grows in California. I took a picture of it on a walk in Carmel. I thought it was the oddest looking fruit...sort if like a rounder, tiny ugly fruit, but with beautiful colors and glistening looking. I've noticed that you see it in the fake flower sections of craft stores, but until I saw the actual bush, I thought it was fictional.

3 comments:

Dottie T Leatherwood said...

great composition and a lovely painting!

Unknown said...

I have never heard of Sea Holly. I also can't believe you are painting on a plane. That is dedication!

mgtm said...

Nice! I like the strong design, value contrast and color harmony.