nmdart.com

nmdart.com

1.10.2014

Day 10 - Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days

Mass Ascension
4" X 6"
$40 - SOLD

As I near the 1/3 mark of the 30 in 30 challenge I wanted to paint something festive. Of all the photos that I have taken, very few are more fun than those taken at the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque! I told myself that I was going to paint it quickly and keep it loose, but that didn't end up happening. I set my kitchen timer for 45 minutes, but kept resetting it! Maybe I will do a few more of fewer balloons.

If you have never been to the Balloon Fiesta, you really should try to do so. I will warn you that often the events get "winded out." Plan to be there for several days and be flexible. Plan to get up early...really early. Be sure to buy the mini doughnuts from the Tom Thumb kiosk. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Any prints available??

Nancy Goldman said...

It's amazing that you were able to get so much detail into such a small painting. It's very nice!

Nancy Murphree Davis said...

Thanks for asking. I've been meaning to set up an account to make prints of my work and you've motivated me. Since I'm new to the company, I hope i'm giving you the correct address: http://nmdART.imagekind.com/

Contact me if this doesn't take you to my page. Thank you so much for your interest in my art. It makes me happy when others enjoy seeing what I enjoy painting!