nmdart.com

nmdart.com

1.23.2014

Day 23 - Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days

Destin Harbor
watercolor
12" X 12"
$295

This painting is of one of my favorite places, Destin, Florida. We had a house on the harbor when I was a child. Of course, in the mid-70's Destin was a sleepy fishing village. I have amazing memories of summers there crabbing and learning to waterski in the harbor. Things are different now. Most, if not all of the harbor is a no wake zone now. Traffic is crazy. There are amazing restaurants and boutiques. It is still a great place to vacation, but for different reasons. The beaches in Destin are still as pretty as any in the world; the water is emerald green and the sand as white as sugar. The harbor area has gone through a transformation in the last few years as well. A boardwalk has recently been put in. I have not been there since it was built, but I like the idea of it. The photo that I used as a reference for this painting was posted by the Destin Harbor Boardwalk Facebook page. I asked if I could paint it and they said I could as long as I sent them a copy of it.

No comments: