nmdart.com

nmdart.com

1.26.2014

Day 26 - Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days

Lone Gull
Alcohol Ink on Yupo
4" X 6"
$40

I guess I take a lot of bird photos since I've painted three in 26 days. Don't tell my children, but I still like seagulls. I know most people don't. They are "rats with wings" in some situations. In California, the school lunch tables were outside and they would hang out and steal food straight off the kids' tables if you didn't pay attention the whole time. For this reason, my children have no love for them. I just wish I had captured that in photos!

I remember watching them at the beach and thinking how cool it would be to be able to fly like they do. They are very graceful in the air. We also had some metal seagulls hanging on the wall of our beach house porch. I remember looking at them and putting them in order of which wing positions I preferred. Weird, yes, but I hated the naps we were supposed to take after lunch and found many ways to avoid them.


1 comment:

Lydia (Killebrew) Jechorek said...

I love the surprise patterns you got in this painting. The colors you got from the inks are really nice too.