nmdart.com

nmdart.com

1.25.2014

Day 25 - Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days



Out the Window
Alcohol Ink on Yupo
4" X 6"
$40

This sweet mother bird built her nest down in our window boxes. I took this photo looking out my bedroom window and back into the living room window. (See the photo I was working from below.


I'm not sure what kind of bird she is. I originally thought she was a junco; now, I'm not sure. See the pictures below and give me your opinion. I am definitely not good at identification.

Dark-eyed Junco

 Western Bluebird

I had always wanted a house with window boxes and they did look lovely, but had to be watered A LOT. I'm still glad we filled them and enjoyed them while we were there. I wonder if the next renters kept them alive. I was planning to post a picture of the house with the overflowing planters, but I can't find a photo. I sure hope I have one somewhere!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have always wanted window boxes and have never had them!

I love this painting. It's so warm and inviting.