I've been in a bad mood for several days. Why? Because, I have overcommitted my time and the things that are personally important have had to go to make room for the obligations that I knowingly agreed to take on.
This morning, I went to the 30 in 30 Challenge link ups and realized that the Saturday and Sunday "linkz" are now CLOSED. My heart sank. I knew this was possible, even likely, but the reality of it hit home. WHAT AM I DOING? WHY AM I DOING IT?
Falling behind has made me feel inadequate. That is ridiculous.
What HAVE I done while I wasn't painting the last three days?
1. I've taken a day to connect with other women and grow in the Spirit at my church.
2. I worked at a festival to support an art organization and ran into a few friends and sold a couple of pieces of art/jewelry.
3. I've taken my daughter to a tea for her friend's birthday.
4. I've packaged and shipped some online orders.
5. I've done the shopping to ensure that my dogs and children have food.
6. I've sketched several future compositions.
7. I've driven countless miles and listened to a good book, The Invention of Wings.
8. I played with ink on canvas and started some teeny tiny watercolors.
9. Today, I'm going with several good friends to a military spouse event which will be fun, but more importantly, will likely enable me to fully engage in activities in DC in the year to come. (i.e.- INSPIRE ME creatively)
There will be plenty of time to paint (and get my hair cut) in the days to come. I need to enjoy each moment and stop being so hard on myself.
I'm hoping to paint this afternoon. I'm not quitting; I'm just re-starting.