nmdart.com

nmdart.com

9.28.2014

Jewelry Additions and Presentation



In the last batch of pendants that I created, I used some dichroic glass. This is glass that has metals added. It gives a foil effect. I didn't think I was fond of it, but all of the my favorite new pendants include it, so apparently I am a fan.

I started making these pendants in January or February. I was having fun, but I didn't have a long-term plan to do an entire line of jewelry. Things have kind of snowballed. I have a lot of pendants these days and in several types. I've added a few new ones to Etsy this week, but I will not be adding the entire inventory until after November 8th, when I am doing a show. If you see a pendant in this post that you can't live without, let me know by commenting or by sending me a message. The line of fused glass pendants range in price from $35-$55 depending on the size and kind of glass used. Let me know if you would like a silver snake chain. The chain isn't anything fancy, but it gives you or the recipient a way to wear the pendant immediately.

 

I try to photograph the pendants on both a black background and I white background. It is astounding how different they look. The pendant pictured above is a periwinkle color, somewhere in between the two photos, but more like the one on the right. All the wire is silver coated copper wire. For some reason it photographs more gold, even with the daylight bulb lighting.

 

This pendant isn't for sale. I made it as a gift for the owner of the boutique I have jewelry in in Old Town Alexandria (Virginia). If you live near DC or come for a visit, you should visit Local Colour Old Town. It features artwork and crafts produced exclusively by local artisans and artists. You won't be disappointed!


My new cards came in! I ordered them so that I have the option to attach pendants to them if I do not include a chain. Since I am new at this jewelry thing, I want to see what works best for display, transport, etc. These cards are approximately four inches square. These are among the larger pendants that I have made. The majority of them are closer to two inches tall, but the two here on the cards are closer to two and a half.


For my fellow Auburn fans, I did a few orange and blue pendants too. I think I will make some more and add "AU" charms to some of them.



No comments: