Shows (we may be moving...can't really plan this category yet)
Making our Marks: New Work by Eight Printmakers, March 7 to March 29, 2015 in the Popcorn Gallery at Glen Echo Park (MD)
- Apply for a show at Johnson Center for the Arts in Troy.
- Do at least one new mixed media bird for Making Our Marks
- Learn to sketch with pen/watercolor (practice, practice, practice!)
- Spend at least two days a week at Crystal City Studio (11:30am - 3:30pm)
- Complete grass series
- Continue glass class on Wednesdays at least every couple of months.
- Paint at least one large or two small/medium watercolors every month
- Do three more Auburn watercolors so that I can have a card variety pack. (Thinking Samford Hall, one of the Eagles that fly at the games, not sure about the third)
- Standardize size of work to fit standard frames. Use up or sell all frame inventory that doesn't conform.
- Implement an inventory system.
- Frame rest of certificates and Vale Poster.
- Reach 1000 Facebook likes on my art page
- At least double my newsletter subscriber list
- Move/add artwork to a different website for customers to order prints.
- Approach UMW at church about selling remaining prints and cards of the LWC on a commission basis.
- Design Brochure
- Convert some designs to fabric.
- Make some commercial retail products by stealing my own designs.
- Participate in Daily Paintworks (regularly...weekly? not daily)
Below are the goals that I posted at the end of 2013. Comments and additions are in red.
- Collective Ink (Feb 15 - March 16, Popcorn Gallery @Glen Echo Park) Check. Love the Lee Printmakers!
- Vale Arts Show (May 2 - 4, Historic Vale Schoolhouse in Oakton) Check. Great experience! New Friends!
- Have a solo show of watercolors. (Fall? After Vale Arts show in May) Did not apply.
- Have a solo show of bird prints. (ASAP after Collective Ink) Did not apply.
- Enter at least three national or international shows. One. (The Artist's Magazine) Two regional (CVWG and BWS)
- Central Virginia Watercolor Guild
- Potomac Valley Watercolorists 40th Anniversary Show
- MANY Local monthly shows!
- Stick with January "30 in 30 Challenge" I did it! Great experience!
- Spend at least two days a week at Crystal City Studio (11:30am - 3:30pm) Nope. I will be trying this again!
- Make enough pieces to do Art Cards, Vol. II (52+), if Vol. I looks good. Thanks to the 30 in 30, I have more than enough. Vol. I was cool, but the formatting wasn't perfect. I will probably print more of Vol. I when I print Vol. II...soon.
- Get mailing list into ONE file that is label ready. I did, but swear there are additional names somewhere.
- Add Paypal buttons to ALL website items. Yep.
- Standardize size of work to fit standard frames. Choose 3 or 4 sizes. Use up all frame inventory that doesn't conform. I did make work for some of my frame inventory. I'm getting closer to determining actual size, lol.
- Implement an inventory system. Well, I found one online, but it was tedious and didn't work for me, but I now know what I want/need. It will be on the list again.
- Find at least one out of town gallery to sell my work. (Santa Fe? Florida Panhandle?) No, but I researched a few Florida places I would like to contact. I also learned that galleries DO NOT like you to stop by and talk about representation.
- Convert some designs to fabric. No.
- Make some commercial retail products by stealing my own designs. No, but still a brilliant idea. ;)
- Complete a painting of The Little White Church and participate in AUMC bazaar. YES!
- Complete Destin watercolor and show it to group that asked to see it. Make notecards. Yes.
- Approach Keever about selling notecards. No.
- Put fused glass and jewelry in a shop in Old Town Alexandria!
- Opened an Etsy shop!
- Got into Gallery Underground!
- Applied to Artsy Shark (turned down)
- Try Yupo. Yes!
- Try alcohol based inks. Love! And have sold most of my paintings done with them! Yay!
- Try fused glass. (January 8th) So fun! And, I've sold quite a few!