nmdart.com

nmdart.com

2.26.2014

Wine Tasting Trip Memories

"Napa Riverfront"
Watercolor

It is our anniversary month around here, so what would make a good subject to paint? How about a scene from the vacation that we took to celebrate our 20th year of marriage?! It was such a fun trip! For once, my husband made ALL of the plans; each time he consulted with me, I would say, "Don't ask my opinion, surprise me." We stayed in a charming bed and breakfast, ate at one of Iron Chef Morimoto's restaurants and spent a day in a Packard limo visiting three vineyards (Frank Family, Bremer & Keever) and having a picnic lunch on Deer Creek. I'll never forget it!

I took the photo that I used to paint this photo from one of the bridges crossing the river on our walk to the Oxbow Market. What a great suggestion that was! It was definitely worth a visit. We had lunch at the Hog Island Oyster Company. (I don't remember what I had; I don't eat raw oysters.) Dwight fell in love with their "hog wash."

This is my second painting from that trip. My first, I titled Old Bike in Bloom and it was based on a photo I took on the top of a hill at Keever.

"Old Bike in Bloom"
Watercolor
18" X 24"

No comments: