nmdart.com

nmdart.com

3.10.2014

Quick and Intense - Alcohol Ink

"A Walk to the Creek"
5" X 7"
Price TBD (I plan to frame it)

I find almost all art enjoyable, but some media are just more joyful and surprising than others. Alcohol inks are relatively new to me and the very nature of these inks makes each painting part experiment and a learning experience.

Last night I decided to add some texture on the clayboard ink painting. What does that mean? You arrange items (toothpicks, plastic wrap, etc.) on the wet ink and let it dry. This morning, when I removed the items (which either absorb ink or cause the ink to pool), the painting above was the result. I absolutely love the trees. I could get lost in the section below. Enjoy!


There are additional ink paintings on my website. You can also find other artists working in this medium on Facebook.

No comments: